* Plant anatomy in the Western Sayan Mountains.
* Growth energy of the conifer individual trees. Its relationships with external signals and with cell parameters.
* Comparative analysis of conifer tree-ring width chronologies in similar geobotanical conditions (forest-steppe / lower or southern forest limit) across South Siberia.
* Complex analysis of climatic response in conifer tree rings along altitudinal gradient in the Western Sayan Mountains. Detection and analysis of possible divergence problem in temperate climate.
* Relationships between conifer tree-ring chronologies and cereal productivity in the forest-steppe / steppe zone of South Siberia. Possibility of cereal productivity reconstruction.
* Gydrological response of tree-ring chronologies in the forest-steppe / steppe zone of South Siberia.